Google
 

Monday, March 19, 2007

Weird Things About Me

I read these at amieheidi's blog so I guess I'm tagged... Oh, do scroll down after you read this, I posted 3 entries tonight.

Each player of this game starts out by giving 6 weird things/fetish about themselves. People who get tagged need to write in a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state the rules clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.


1. I type all my capital letters even while using a wordprocessor that auto-capitalises. I learned typing in pre-windows era where there weren't any correct as you type word processors. I first used WordPerfect by the way. One good thing with the classic word processors was that I could actually type teh and not have it corrected into "the". I remember a restaurant menu somewhere menu reading "The Tarik" and "The O". Teh means tea for anyone who doesn't speak Malay.

2. I used to read out loud certain words as I'm reading. Most often when I read the daily comics section but I also did it when reading books too.

3. I don't read the daily comics in order. I read the ones I don't like first rather than completely skipping them and the ones I like last. I've always done that and it feels weird any other way

4. I started reading novels at 8 and fantasy novels at 10 but I've only read 4 Malay novels and 1 Malay novel series. The series had 6 short books I think. So in total I've read only 10 Malay books. The reason is simple. I find the Malay books I try to read boring. The first book I read was one my dad gave me at 10 and I only finished reading it when I was 17. I couldn't focus on the book when I was younger and keep stopping to read more interesting books.

5. I read car manuals from cover to cover. Started with my dad's car when I was 10 I think and I still continue till now. They're interesting, don't ask me why.

6. I used to hum to myself. I don't know whether I still do it or not as I never notice when I actually hum and as such I never even know what I hummed. My younger sister says it's the same tune every time but they couldn't repeat it or give it a name. Both says it sounds familiar though. I did it mostly when I concentrate on doing something I think.

Those are 6 weird things about me. I'll add another one here. I can't think of anything that didn't relate to reading or words at all when I started. I put humming in point 6 after a lot of digging in my mind. I tag Kakak, Hana, Aimi, Aiman and Dr Su. I also tag anyone who reads this and haven't done it yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

malay novels are boring.. XD
i usually read them halfway or read the ending terus..

aaaaaaaaaaa
i will need time to think weird stuffs about myself..
hohohoho

Ahmad Hilmi said...

Hohoho, you're not weird are you? The only one in the family then :)

Anonymous said...

I read out paragraphs when I do my daily reading of books. My cousins think I'm weird. But I'm just practicing my articulation. lol.

Ahmad Hilmi said...

Ah, a fellow reader who reads out loud. It's not so weird after all :)

Ahmad Hilmi said...

Am removing the word verification. Tis annoying me....