Google
 

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Forgiveness

Asking for forgiveness is a big part in forgiving your own self. You let go of your pride when you do that. When the other party forgives you a great burden would be lifted off your back. On the other hand being denied forgiveness is as much a possibility as getting one.

Why should anyone keep grudges when it hurts the person holding it more? Asking someone who loves to hold grudges would enlighten me but I don't get along well with someone like that since I'm one of the least tactful people I know. That means no answers from anyone except my own self.

The reason I see is simple. Being too significant. Significance here meaning simply thinking too much of your own self. Believing your truth and existence matters to the world. This I say only in reflection of my own hard-headed years.

Everyone's truth is different and accepting that means accepting people's mistakes and also my own. Nothing irked me more than people who sees things only through their own biased lens. It really bugs me simply because I did that a lot even when I had the ability to shift my perspective.

Now I do as much as I can to view from outside myself. Create a consciousness outside my being. A part of me that sees and reminds me of my own biases and preconceptions. It is possible but so far I haven't been able to maintain it during active conflicts. The time it takes for me to recover my pseudo awareness after an argument is decreasing though. It remains to be seen how much I could help myself this way.

Till another day then.

No comments: