Google
 

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Lovely Day

A few things happened just now. The rain slowed down to a drizzle but suddenly power was cut off. Lightning arrestor kicking in. Having a double storey house on top a hill makes my house a lightning target. Anyway there was a distinct smell of ozone but I attributed it to the lightning but I was wrong. Found out that the simple surge protector I bought saved both my routers. Will get it again after this. Can't be too safe against lightning right.

That's one thing. The other thing right now is the weather. There's fog as far as I can see. My house is covered in it and the horizon is gone. It's almost 2 p.m! Wow. The last time it fogged any time here was more or less 7 or 8 years ago. Anyway there's never fog in the noon. It's too hot even if it rains.... Something is different maybe. I'm enjoying this. Air conditioned wind blowing into my room.... I sat a while at my window sill enjoying the cool air and the view outside. Saw two kingfishers took a perch on 2 different logs opposite my window almost at the same time. It's amazing. Too bad I don't have a camera or Id have taken some pictures. The kingfishers or raja udang as we know it stayed a bit cleaning their feathers. Raja udang means prawn king. Don't ask me where the name came by. I don't know.

Am enjoying this day. A most lovely day

No comments: