Google
 

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Anime

Today I'm going to about anime. I was introduced to this strange form of entertainment a few years ago. I forgot exactly when but it was around 2001 or 2002. The first one I actually watched was Love Hina and it cracked me up real good. Funny, silly and so seriously unreal.

I was watching some whenever I can coz my bro, the great supplier literally had boxes of CDs full of anime. When I had holidays all I did was watch anime and that was what actually got me off games. A steadily increasing addiction to anime. Some other ones I watched early in the days was Noir which I still love but never got to wathching it again and Slayers. Watched all the Slayers series but actually loved the first one, just Slayers, not next or whatever.

Ah, but the real topic of my post today. Maison Ikkoku. My bro pointed it out to me when I asked for a good one because I was running out of 12 - 24 episode animes to watch. He just said, "Heard it's quite good", or something along those lines. Well. It was good. It was extremely good. More so than I could ever explain here. All 96 episodes are full of anime goodness and I almost went days without sleep the first time I watched it through. I would sleep for about an hour or so and get up to continue watching. I think I finished all 96 episodes in just two weeks. It was crazy and I was crazy to do that but I just couldn't help myself. Now am watching it again for the fifth or sixth time.

Funny thing is I usually skip the oh-so-romantic-lovey-dovey series. This one is considered a love story and a pretty long one but it's just great. Ah well, maybe I'll write up some synopsis on it later. I just want to finish it now. Got up to episode 22 now. A bit more to go there....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would only skip the lovey dovey parts if its too much, usually its the part where I look forward to watching, since I usually only watches shoujo animes, and I concentrate more on mangas than animes. I've started to rewatch anime now after about a year of hiatus. My first anime after a while: Ouran High School Host Club. Its really funny, but its a tad bit too short to my liking.

Ahmad Hilmi said...

ah, a fellow anime lover :) the mangas usually tells the story deeper. still, maison ikkoku is one of the rare series where the anime is better than the manga.
i think you may like it. some people think of it as shoujo anime but it actually isn't.
short animes are nice sometimes right but not really after a long hiatus :D hmm.. i think azumanga daioh and a few others were nice but seemed too short to me.