Google
 

Saturday, January 03, 2009

2009

Welp, nuthin much. The year came without much fanfare, as usual. Hey it's just a calendar date change, man needs something to measure life by right? Nyways I've an attention seeking cat wedging himself between my right foot and my side table. This cat really neeeeeds attention so he'll get it any way he can.

Oh, I got my first tyre puncture with mah new car last nite, 2nd Jan, about 8pm. Bummer. Found out the moment something got stuck on my right front tyre. Was a big ass screw!! How did that get on the right lane of a busy 3 lane city road I've no idea but I didn't have a safe spot to change to my spare (It was the driver's side yo~ Risk of becoming a Hilmi splatter on the road!) So I crawled slowly, with a drub drub drub accompaniment, to a safer place. Took me 10 mins and by the time I got there the screw was firmly wedged in. Was only halfway in the tyre when I first checked.

Driving on a dedicated spare is a new experience fer me. Amy the Volvo had a full 15" alloy rim as a spare haha. Wobble wobble wobble to Saujana Utama. Lo and behold, a tyre shop was open. That was a lucky break. The nice Indian chap (couldn't be more than 18) told me they close at 7.30 but as long customers are comin, they'd stay open huhu. My lucky nite. So anyways I already reinflated both front tyres with the proper pressure this morning.

Gen2 is a very touchy car when it comes to tyre pressure. When I sent it for servicing the fellas checked my tyre pressure and filled it up some and I had a fun time drivin home pullin the steerin a wee bit to the left to go straigth. The next morning I got the story at the petrol station air pump. The tyres were unevenly inflated. Never fill up air in your tyres when they're not cold (mornings man, air cools very slowly so parkin at the office or shopping complex doesn't count). Roads and driving style would warm some tyres and the air inside up more than others so~~ Bad mojo man, balance is the key.

I need to find meself a nitrogen fillin tyre place when next comes time to swap rubber. Doesn't make much difference to driving feel but it keeps the tyres cooler. Maintain grip and prolongs lifespan. Well, only the initial fillup would be nitrogen but the checks and refills wouldn't add much air, it would still be mostly nitrogen~~

No comments: