Google
 

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

New Car?

A new blog entry after how many months? Well, I've moved somewhere near KL and working in KL (thankfully not in the city centre). So anyway now I'm thinking of a new car for various reasons. The two main ones are simply maintenance and petrol.

Actually my boss also told me to get a smaller car since this company actually pays all my petrol bills except weekend fill-ups of course. A 1989 Volvo 740 Turbo isn't exactly a petrol sipper by any means. It's a gulper especially when I drive to the city to meet with clients. Traffic jams = thirsty volvo.

Right now I've two cars shortlisted. There were three but the Bestari 206 (Peugot 206) got crossed off the list courtesy of the small space for rear passengers. The two contenders are the updated Proton Gen2 Hi-line and Suzuki Swift 1.5. Both cars are in different price ranges and handle differently. I'm only test driving the Gen2 this afternoon. I know Gen2s have excellent control and balance but what I want to know now is whether the new Campro CPS engine has the power to match. The old Gen2 is simply a terrible low rev car. I keep stalling the engine in traffic jams. It only turns alive once you push it beyond 150km/h. Ridiculous but that's how the old campro engine works. Power only after 4500 rpm.

Well anyway, if the Gen2 doesn't deliver, I'd get the Swift which is also an excellent car. Only one reason is putting me off the swift for now. The price. I could afford to get it but I won't have much spending money if I get it.

Going to the car dealer now for a test drive~~

3 comments:

Aimi Jaafar said...

wahh.

hoho. swift sounds yummy. *griiiin*. haha. i like swift bcos its cute. keke.

gen2 is quite cute too tho.

eh.
cuteness isnt the issue here rite?
hahaha ^^!

Ahmad Hilmi said...

Hoho, swift nose you have. Quick to catch the scent of a new post.

Cuteness does play a factor in deciding :D More of sweetness for me rather than cute.

Anyways already decided on Gen2. Swift nicer but pricey pricey. So sad but never mind. You'll have 2 bros with Gen2s haha.

m_emran said...

Huhuuhuhu...new generation volvo lah bro..!!!