Google
 

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Speed Reading!

Did the speed reading test that Aimi did... I got this You read 144 words in 0.37 minutes. Your reading speed is 389 words per minute!

One intetesting tidbit from the site is this statement; Please note that reading is around 25% slower when reading from a screen compared to reading from a paper. I've always preferred books when there's a choice between an electronic and paper based formats. Maybe that's why... Screen reading is slower~

Oh the speed reading test link.


5 comments:

Adam said...

I'm glad u like it. Im thinking of adding a comprehension test along with it.

Paul said...

I don't know if it's just me but maybe screen reading's also less accurate. I base this mainly on my sister's emails that often read "Do you even READ my emails?"

amyheidi said...

interesting. Mine is 351 words per minute.

Anonymous said...

I don't like rushing through what I read, which is why I can never understand how my Bf can read through novels and graphic novels at the speed of light. Which always makes me think: Does he even digest what he's reading? :)

Ahmad Hilmi said...

Adam: It's already a great test. Adding comprehension would be even more interesting :)

Paul: I've experienced that too.. Either getting an e-mail meaning wrong or re-reading an article and seeing something new...

amy: I guess that makes us good readers but not excellent... I wonder how fast my bro reads... I take 5 to 6 times longer to finish the same novels...

sha: Yea, rushing through a book just doesn't satisfy my reading needs. My bro chews through books like mad too. He'd finish an 800+ page novel in a day plus. It takes me more than a week to finish the same one... sometimes 2 weeks or more.