Google
 

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Carcass

Welp, I woke up early today and had meself a bit of leisure surfing before doing anything else. When I went out of me room to take a bath.. Lo and behold, my car was missing... Tis the saddest thing yet this week as I've been looking forward to drive my own car yesterday morn and yet it was taken from me because of a minor problem with starting the ever ailing merc. Turns out the merc's battery was flat so a simple battery change solved the problem. Oh but that was yesterday... Why was my car missing again today????

I took the merc's key and opened it's door. Immediately obvious was the auto-gear in D position. Oh god don't tell me they took my car just because they couldn't see that the car wasn't in neutral or parking.. I reset the gear position to P, tried the ignition and sure enough the merc starts easily.

After that I actually wasted more than an hour tuning the merc's audio system. It's amplifier and subwoofers weren't properly tuned after my dad installed replacement units some time ago so I did what I could. Now CDs and high-Q MP3s sound great while the FM radio works fine as long as reception is good. Any interference and you'd hear every single pop and crackle. Well, that shows the audio upgrade was worth it... Everything's crystal clear.... Oh low quality MP3s sound really bad with this audio system. I tried an MP3 CD that was in the glove compartment and my ears almost bled. Thankfully I rip my own CDs most of the time and the rare cases I actually get an album through the net it would be because it isn't selling in stores anymore so the online rips would also be high quality...

1 comment:

amyheidi said...

Sometimes I missed my car too, for not driving it. I prefer to be sitting at the passenger seat if I go out with my mom. She tend to critic my driving style, hehe.